We are a group of dog enthusiasts offering Rochester, MN residents a structured, safe and social environment to exercise with their canine companion!
We plan to meet once a week, Sundays at 7pm, at various locations in Rochester, MN. Walks will be approximatly 45 minutes long, followed by doggie playtime.
Our very first Med City Pack Walk - June 2, 2013!!!
1. Standard 5-6 foot leashes only. No retractable leashes are allowed.
2. One dog per Handler.
3. Respect the area and non-pack walkers.
4. Clean up after your pet.
THE PACK WALK:
1. We will start all pack walks with a brief introduction and summary of all rules and guildelines.
2. Bring water, treats, and poop bags for the walk.
3. Teams will be staggers at the beginning of the walk.
4. Limit dog-to-dog interaction during walk. There will be time for that afterwards.
5. We walk as a group and will take water breaks as a group.
6. Communication between handlers is important. Please inform everyone if you see a potential problem (loose dog, dead animal on trail, etc).
7. We always move to the right side of the trail to allow non-pack members to pass.
8. We will identify Dogs In Need Of Space (DINOS) with a YELLOW RIBBON attached to their leashes.
WE WELCOME ALL DOGS AND HANDLERS, AT ALL LEVELS OF TRAINING AND SOCIALIZATION!
DINOS - Dogs In Need Of Space:
- DINOS can be any dog. Shy dog, working on socialization ... deaf or blind dog, that may be more easily startled ... older dogs, tiny dogs ... non-dog social dogs. Whatever reason you or your dog would prefer more space, is fine.
- We will have yellow ribbon on site. Please just ask for some.
- Let one of the pack walk coordinators know why your dog is a DINOS.
- DINOS will start the pack walk at the back of the group.
- We will always have at least one dog-free handler for each pack walk, to help DINOS get the most out of the experience and keep everyone safe.
Each Pack Walk is 20 dogs MAX and unlimited people! Everyone wanting to join us must RSVP by calling 507-993-9753, emailing email@example.com or joining an event on Facebook!